Do you currently work in the hospitality industry, and want to get a qualification without leaving your job to study?
Are you serious about a career in one of New Zealand's most exciting and fast paced industries, and want to make a difference in it? Then we want to help you achieve that goal.
Hospitality New Zealand
is the largest organisation representing all segments of the hospitality industry. We're here to help make hospitality businesses and their staff more successful. As part of this commitment, we're investing in the people who choose hospitality as a career.
If you're currently working in hospitality or have a staff member who you believe has what it takes to be successful then check out our Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leaders Scholarships
Meet our Future Leaders scholarship recipients here
Application process - (Applications for 2016 Future Leader Scholarships are now CLOSED.)
- Must submit a fully completed application form - download pdf application form below.
2016 Hospitality NZ/SKY scholarship application form
- A copy of your latest CV and a 300 word statement outlining your career aspirations.
- A letter of recommendation from your current employer approving your application, committing to support you with the on-the-job training required for the Diploma and allowing you to attend the 2017 Future Leaders Day in October.
Shortlisted applicants will be required for a 30 minute Skype interview
, which will be conducted by Artisan Consulting, to assess their suitability and motivation for completing the Diploma.
Applications to the 2016 Hospitality NZ/SKY scholarships closed 23 September 2016
and the announcement of the scholarship recipients were announced on 11 October 2016
at the Future Leaders Day held at SKYCITY Auckland.
Talk to us
If you would like to speak to one of our team members about the Hospitality NZ / SKY scholarships phone 0800 500 503.
All Future Leaders scholarship applications must be complete and sent to:
Hospitality New Zealand / SKY Future Leaders Scholarships
Hospitality New Zealand
PO Box 503
Or you can email it to
What do the scholarships offer?
Eight Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leaders Scholarships valued up to $3000 each, includes $2000 towards fees for studying the National Diploma in Hospitality (Operational Management) Level 5 and up to $1000 reimbursement of costs to attend the Future Leaders Day at the 2017 Hospitality New Zealand annual conference.
Scholarship winners will receive peer and industry recognition and their employers will be seen as supporting the up-skilling of the industry.
To view the structure of the National Diploma in Hospitality Level 5 please click here.
Applicants must currently be working in the hospitality industry and have their employer's support to commence study for the Diploma in 2017. All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents. View the full terms and conditions.
Here are some FAQs to help answer some of the questions you may have about the Hospitality NZ/SKY scholarships please click here.
2016 Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leader Scholarship winners
Congratulations to the following 2016 Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leader Scholarships winners. We look forward to meeting you all at the next Future Leader Day in 2017.
- Leon Hudson - The Flying Moa, Auckland
- Marama Mapu - Hardy's Bar, Nelson
- Amber Hamilton-Vittle - Five Stags Leamington, Cambridge
- Cameron Priddle - Brentwood Hotel, Wellington
- Emma Pore - Hotel on Devonport, Tauranga
- Lisa Witehira - Village Accommodation Group, Wellington
- Shelby Finnigan - Soul Bar and Bistro, Auckland
- Charles Tuai - Bricklane Waitakere Trust, Auckland
2015 Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leader Scholarship winners
Congratulations to the following 2015 Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leader Scholarships winners. We look forward to meeting you all at the next Future Leader Day in Auckland 2016.
- Alysse Fryer-Russell - Bad Grannies, Wellington
- Andrew Hayward-Swain - Te Waonui Forest Retreat, Westland
- Catherine Hepburn - West Plaza Hotel, Wellington
- Daniel Ferguson - Goode Brothers, Auckland
- Krystal Cody - West Auckland Trust, Auckland
- Melissa Lacascade - Delaware North, Wellington
- Tanya Swain - Farringtons Tavern, Christchurch
- Teighan Carnegie - The Gasworks, Wellington
2014 Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leader Scholarship winners
Congratulations to the following 2014 Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leader Scholarships winners. We look forward to meeting you all at the next Future Leader Day in Nelson on 6 October 2015.
Media Release: Hospitality's future leaders recognised with $3000 scholarships
- Jessica Allen - The Dinsdale Office, Hamilton
- Maria Beattie - Village Accommodation, Wellington
- Paul Braithwaite - Tuakau Hotel, Waikato
- Jennifer Jackson - Trinity Group, Wellington
- Jackson Lindquist - No. 8 Bar & Brasserie, Whitianga
- Shannon Rowe - Jolly Roger Bar, Picton
- Angelique Toshci - Larnach Castle, Dunedin
- Michael Wood - Pullman Hotel, Auckland
2013 Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leader Scholarship winners
Congratulations to the following 2013 Hospitality NZ/SKY Future Leader Scholarships winners.
Media Release: Career in hospitality wins over rugby and landscape gardening for scholarship winner
- Adrian Vruink - The Northern Club, Auckland
- Alicia Watson - Rosebank Lodge, Balclutha
- Amy Billaney -Village Accommodation Group, Wellington
- Byron Mann - Elevate Bar & Function Centre, Christchurch
- Marianne Kirkham - The Grand Mercure Resort, Nelson
- Mellissa Voorend - Smith & McKenzie Chophouse (Phoenix Group),Hamilton
- Rosie Manders -The Riverhead, Auckland
- Samuel Cunningham - Burn Brae Group, Auckland